Friday, June 5, 2009

Two Dreams: A Strange Man & A Strange House full of Ex-Boyfriends

"Dream 1: I am walking down a dark street and a car pulls up and the man inside offers me a ride. I kindly refuse. He tells me to get in the car or he will shoot me. (this is the weird part b/c i know i wouldn't react like this.)I told the man to start shooting because i wasn't getting in the car. And He shoots me and I wake up.

Dream 2:I walk up to a big house that seems abandoned so I walk in. As I open the door I notice a throne in the middle of the floor with a man sitting in it. Beside the throne on either side stands a man. I recognize one of the men as my ex boyfriend. The other I can't see his face. The man on the throne speaks to me saying "Here stands to men in your life that you have deserted for different reasons. One of them you will need in the future. The one you need is going to be important for you to succeed in life. The challenge is who is the important one." I ask the man what is he refering to and how will I know. He tells me if I think I will understand it all. but I have thought and thought and I can't figure it out."

Thanks for sending me these interesting dreams! Please feel free to email me your dream at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com for a free reading.

I think the first dream is pretty straight forward. Men are often aggressive or destructive forces in the lives and dreams of women. I think what you're experiencing in this dream is some of the fear and chaos surrounding the male sex as it wafts around in your brain- but rather than succombing to it, you call its bluff. In this case, the man does shoot you, which indicates that you understand that there is a legitmate threat of danger or violence from men, but you aren't going to let it get you down.

The second dream is related. Again, it's a reflection of anxiety about the men in your life, in this case the ones that you've left behind. The reason why one of them doesn't have a face is because he represents all the men you've left behind, not only the ones you've known, but the ones you've grown up imagining. I suspect the questions that you're asking yourself in this dream are questions you've pondered in your waking life as well- do you need a man to be successful in life? Do any of the men in your past still mean something to you? These are questions we can't help but ask ourselves as we get older.

Houses in our dreams are generally representations of how we see ourselves, so your abandoned house may be standing in for a part of yourself that you've abandoned. Perhaps its a sense of romanticism, or it could be your old ideas about the ex-boyfriend whom you recognize. The man in the throne I believe is a generalized vision of authority, a sort of God figure dictating to you the things it thinks you should know. In that sense, it's likely a version of your subconscious.

I hope this brief analysis of your dream is helpful, please feel to email me any others you may have, as well as any thoughts or comments at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com. Thanks again for sending it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment