Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A dream about a chase, and an amputated leg

"I had a dream that my husband and I were being chased. I could not see the people chasing us I just felt they wanted to kill us. We continue to run trying to escape – We were running when a truck stopped and offered to help – We got a ride only to find out they were family members of the people who were chasing us. We were then driven back to the village where my husband leg was amputated from the knee down. We tried to escape again only to find our selves back in the village. We seem to be in a maze and could not get out. I woke up and the dream ended. Could you please tell me the meaning of my dream?"

Thank you for sending in this dream for a free dream reading. Please feel free to email your dream into me at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com for a reading of your own.

Dreams in which a person, or persons, are being chased are usually a reflection of anxiety. In this case, you and your husband are being chased together by a group of people whom you can't see. At your best opportunity to escape, you instead find yourselves in the den of the beast, and your husband's leg is amputated.

Legs are the objects which keep us standing, and as the phrase suggests, being able to stand on your own two feet is something most people take for granted until they can't do so anymore. Your husband's leg being amputated at the culminating point in your dream suggests that you fear a loss of the autonomy of your family, or a loss of your Independence. Similarly, dreaming about an injury to the leg can be reflective of an imbalance within your lives.

That you find yourselves in a sort of inescapable maze suggests to me that the problems that you are facing are more complex than you can solve in a day or two. It also suggests to me that these issues may be physical or material, rather than simply emotional issues. That's mostly my gut speaking, so of course I certainly could be wrong, but what you are describing sounds like a classic "us versus them" situation.

Thank you for sending this dream in, I hope that my examination of it was helpful. Please feel free to post comments here, or to email them to me at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment