Monday, June 15, 2009

A dream about estranged friends

"Lately, I've been having dreams about me getting made fun of. Also the dreams contain people who I used to be friends and I sort of don't like.

One dream was me being in my old school. I was walking in the hallway and one girl who I used to be friends with was being all nice to me, and I figured out she was just faking it, and I remember passing two girls who I used to be friends with and they were whispering about me and making fun of me and started laughing. Then there was another one with my ex best friend and I were at her house getting helping her get ready for prom with one of her other friends that she's close with. Then, the limo came and they just went in. I think I didn't have a ride home yet, and I turned around seeing my ex best friend standing in the middle of the road. I asked her if she could wait for me until my dad comes and she just ignored me and said no and went to prom.

Then my last dream was me and my best friend now at some party. We were helping my ex best friend and our other friend that my ex best friend is close with too. They decided to get drunk before prom, so me and my best friend were helping them. Suddenly, I was at this big house/place that my old school prom was at, but it looked more like a jail. I walked into the place, and all the kids were looking at me, including girls that I'm not friends with anymore saying "What is she doing here?" Next, I left the place and went downstairs. But my purse fell, and the purse somehow made this alarm go off. I ran to grab my purse and some big guard comes out with a stick trying to hit me so I would leave!"

Thanks for sending this dream in for a free dream reading. For all my readers, you can send your dreams in to me by emailing me all the details that you remember to Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com. I will then analyze your dream free of charge and post it here.

Have you ever heard the expression "art imitates life" ? Well, this is a case where dreams are imitating life. Your concerns and anxiety about your former friends and the way in which you all have treated one another are building up. There may be some situations behind all this in which you do not have the kind of closure that a person needs to get over a friendship turned ugly- someone owes someone else an apology.

In light of the emotional response that you're having, it might be time to step up and be the bigger person. Have you treated others with respect? Have you said things you might regret later, or anything that you regret now? Have you hurt someone, or allowed someone to hurt you?

The subject matter that you're describing here is a pattern of anxiety and abandonment- people leaving you in the street, whispering behind your back, etc. These situations are all things that can (or have) happened to you. I'm sure because you're dreaming occasionally weird things happen in these dreams as well, or things seem bizarre or slightly off the mark, but by and large, your brain is merely regurgitating concerns that you have in your waking life.

I hope that this assessment of your dream has been helpful. Please feel free to leave your comments here, or to email me if you'd like another dream analyzed, free of charge, at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com. Thanks again for sending these in!

1 comment: