Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A dream about High School Musical disasters, and the Girls Next Door

"Would you please decode my dream? It's driving me crazy!

I am a stage performer. I do musical theatre and the last show I was in which took up two years of my life was "High School Musical". I keep having a dream that I am in my old elementary school's stage and every time that show is about to start, I don't remember my lines, or my ques or something ridiculous happens before I go on stage (like a police officer pulls me over and I run from him to get on stage in time).

In my most recent dream, (last night) my old friend from high school played opposite me as the lead and I was in a panic mode because I could not remember the lines. During intermission I took him out to the hallway to try and go over the lines I had forgotten and he was uninterested and kept walking away and would not take it seriously.
Then, for the first time in my dream, I am riding back to a house in a SUV with Bridget, Holly and Kendra from the Girls Next Door and I am telling them my dream when we hit a pot hole and I wake up."


Thanks for sending this great dream in for a free dream analysis! Please feel free, all my readers, to send your dreams into me for a reading at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com.

I love this one, and I think it's hysterically funny. Clearly the situation you're describing would equate to professional disaster for you as an actress, if it happened in real life. I believe that you are venting a little fear here, a little stage fright that you simply do not have room for in your waking life.

For the average person, dreaming of being on stage might indicate some falsehood in your life, for example that you may be putting on airs around others, or manipulating people. The thing about using a dream dictionary that makes it less accurate than a personalized dream interpretation is that dreams are very subjective. Having a dream about being on stage, when you are a professional actress, is more like having a dream about work. And having that dream take place where you work. It's likely to be far more literal, and a way for your brain to recycle your fears, concerns or thought patterns, regarding work.

So to dream about not knowing lines or cues is most likely a great fear of yours showing itself. Similarly, dreaming about being on stage with a useless or inappropriate co-star is an expression of frustration you may have had with the show.

The last part of your dream, in which you are driving home with the Girls Next Door in an SUV, well, that highlights another issue of the subjectivity of dreaming. Your overall impressions of Holly, Kendra and Bridget will tell you more about why they are in your dream than their mere existence. If you, like me, wonder how they wound up with their own show, and why people watch them on TV, you might be having some issues of resentment or professional jealousy towards others. It is also possible that you think they'd be fun to hang out with, and so they've appeared in your dream as a cue to lighten up and enjoy yourself! I will not rule out the chance that you may have dreamt about them because you fell asleep with your TV on E... but I'll leave the final word on what this means to you!

Thank you for sending in this dream for a free reading! I hope I've helped you understand it. Please feel free to post comments here, or email me directly at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment