Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A dream about an earthquake, a skyscraper falling down

"I had a dream that I was in a building that was fairly high up, a brick building, the kind you find on the east coast, but there wasn’t a ceiling/roof on the building so I could see the other buildings that were higher than us.



All of a sudden the earthquakes began, and pieces from other buildings started falling all around me, and I remember moving back and forth in this huge room, oddly enough, as if I could avoid one of the objects from falling down on our building. I really thought I could escape the objects even though other people were getting hit in different parts of the room. There were huge pieces of other buildings and god knows what crashing down. I could hear people screaming everywhere.



Well finally, half of a nearby sky scrapper comes plunging towards us, it was positioned right on top of our building. I sized it up and thought it’s the same size as our building. I remember feeling that I could’t dodge this building and get around it. So I stayed still and braced myself for the hit. And I remember praying that it would be instant and over in a second and hoping I wouldn’t feel anything. And then when it hit, I felt really warm, quiet and peaceful; there wasn’t any pain. And I woke up, like kinda surprised that I wasn’t dead but still alive."

Thank you for sending this great dream in for a free reading, and thank you so much for your patience- I'm running more than a little behind at this point, but I hope to be back to normal soon enough. If any of my other readers would like a dream interpreted, please feel free to email it to me at Rachel.beezy88@gmail.com, I'd be more than happy to take a close look at it for you!

Dreams about tall buildings or skyscrapers are often reflections of our highest ideals or greatest ambitions, an idea that is particularly interesting considering that a ceiling is often considered a sign of limitation. In your dream, you are perched high in the sky, with a clear view of buildings even larger than yours, when disaster strikes.

I seriously doubt that anyone living in Southern California, as this dreamer does, is free of the occasional worry of earthquakes. Most earthquakes aren't really a big deal, a little bounce, a little roll, a little shake, and then it's all over. Sure, your chandelier might be swinging and your dog a little confused but other wise it's not anything memorable.

What we live in fear of, as Californians, is the Big One, the mythical quake over a 7.0 that causes widespread devastation, loss of life and personal property. Some people believe it could happen at any time, while others refuse to think of it at all. Adding to the psychological tension of this dream is the addition of the images of the 9/11 tragedy, an event that defines all of our lives as a time of intense crisis.

I mention these facts because I think that this dream is something quite different than what it appears to be at first glance. Some might have a dream like this and fear that they were prophecized disaster, and while I cannot divine the future, I can see some very real sources of this sort of anxiety or imagery in your waking life.

Rather than simply reflecting a fear of a massive earthquake, however, I believe that this dream reflects either a personal, professional or perceptional disaster that you may have recently occurred. Again, back to the images, you find yourself in a skyscraper, a symbol of high achievement or lofty ambition, and there is no limit to how high you can go, as there is no roof on the building and you can see a great number of other buildings (or, other successful people) around you. Because of the specific mention of brick buildings, by the way, I would assess that the success you had was a type that could be traditionally or conventionally defined. Rather than, say, being fulfilled emotionally by this success and having a well-rounded life, you may have just been making a lot of money. I wouldn't say that I absolutely know that to be the case, as I am not a psychic, but the images suggest that the success you either had or were reaching for wasn't what it was cut out to be.

Then the earthquake comes along and shakes you (and everything) up. The earthquake represents something bigger than you, something you may not completely understand and something over which you certainly have no control. The sense of peace that you describe when you realize that you're going to die is very interesting to me. I believe it suggests that you realize that the change that has occurred is a good thing, even though it seems to be a bad thing. The fact that you don't actually die, or feel any pain, reinforces this idea.

The beauty of destruction of any kind is that the ruins of the old are the birthplace of the new. Essentially, I believe that this dream, while it may have been terrifying at the time, is a harbinger of better times to come. Through the destruction of these old ambitions you can build a new life, a life in which you can find the satisfaction you may have lacked.

I sincerely hope that this reading resonates with you, particularly since I kept you waiting. Again, my sincerest apologizes! Life gets a little crazy at times for us all. Please feel free to email me directly with comments, or post them here, and if any of my other readers would like a free dream reading, email me all your details to Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com. And again, thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 comment: