Tuesday, April 28, 2009

my own wish fulfillment dream

Recently, I had an odd dream in which I was Tina Fey. It's been bothering me, so I've decided to publicly dissect it here.

Alright, so in the dream, I'm Tina Fey, but realistically, I'm Liz Lemon from 30 Rock. I'm also a contestant on a reality TV show along the lines of the Bachelor. Actually, the show has wrapped, and I'm at the wrap party. I don't really know anyone else who is there, at least not very well, the party is peopled by middle-aged white men who are dressed as if they're going golfing. In fact, the party is at a golf course. This dream essentially follows a plot that is not linear, rather it's like a series of concentric circles, as I realize one thing is going on, I see a larger element going on around that, and then another element and then another.

So I'm hanging out at the wrap party, and there is a TON of food everywhere. Tina Fey loves food, and despite her cute, skinny appearance, she's always joking about her crazy appetite. I love food too. And there's all these sweets everywhere, these beautiful, slender slices of chocolate cake with fudgey icing and piped, delicate flowers, cookies and brownies and confections. Anyways, I'm stuffing my face. Unapologetically stuffing it with every beautiful and delicious thing in front of me. And this food is soooo good. I'm stacking a brownie on a slice of cake and eating it like a sandwich. It's unbelievable.

I think you could see why I assign the label of "wish fulfillment" onto this dream. Tina Fey is about the coolest chick on TV, and cake is about the most perfect thing I could be eating. I think it's interesting that I'm at a golf course, even though I don't golf, I'm at a vacation spot. Dreaming about a vacation often reflects a desire to be on vacation, so that's a pretty simple leap from one thing to another.

I felt that this was a pretty funny way for my brain to remind me that I had not had anything sweet to eat on the day before I had this dream. It's funny the extent to which our waking emotions dictate our dreams!

Please feel free to email me with any strange dreams you may have, as I love decoding dreams!

Send them to Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com and please, take careful note not only of the symbols, settings and characters in your dreams, but also the feelings you have while dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment