Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Dream about a Swarm of Bees

"I was telling my friend about the dream I had last night and she told me about your blog and insisted that I email you for a reading. So last night, I had this dream where I was talking to a friend outside and all of a sudden a swarm of bees came at me. Next thing I know, the upper half of my entire body, excluding my head, was covered with bees. I was scared and about to panic but realized that that would be a bad idea.

My friend told me to just stay still and wait for one of the bees to fly away and that the rest will follow. So I waited, and eventually, one bee flew away and all the rest of them followed. I didn't even get stung but I remember waking up feeling all stiff since I was trying to stay really still in my dream. Any ideas of what all this may mean?"

What a great dream, I'd like to give a big thank you to both you and the friend who recommended the blog!

Bees have many meanings in dream interpretation, and ultimately the best way to determine their symbolism is to examine them in terms of their behavior within your dream and your reaction to their presence. At times, bees have been thought to be a harbinger of good luck or fortune, they can also symbolize the positive outcome associated with hard work and a team spirit. In this case, the bees are swarming you and filling you with an intense fear, I believe this points to the third most common association of bees within a dream- trouble!

A swarm of bees can indicate a group of problems "buzzing" around you, creating a chaotic climate of discord in your life. At times this can simply equate to having a lot going on in your life, but in this case, with the bees gathering along your upper body and covering your head (which is the center of your perception and self-image) I would have to assume that whatever is going on is causing you to question who you are. The fear that you are filled with in the dream is quite understandable considering the physical circumstances in the dream; it likely reflects some anxiety over losing yourself or your efforts to this group of problems.

In this time of trouble, who can you trust for support and help? Your friend! This friend gives you the good, level-headed advice to simply hold still and allow the bees to fly away on their own. The moral of your dream? Keep a level head and trust in your best instincts in the face of present challenges. Let the swarm disperse on its own.

Thank you for sending this fascinating dream for a free dream interpretation! I've loved doing your free dream reading and I hope you found my impressions helpful. Please feel free to email me at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com with any comments or for an interpretation of your next strange dream!

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful interpretation! I recently had a dream about a swarm of carpenter bees flying around my head, bumping into me without stinging. I was filled with frustration and I believe it relates to the explanation in your second paragraph. Thank you for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also very useful thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a swarm of bees chasing me in mine and they got stuck in my hair and were trying to sting me and I woke up shaking my hair for at least 30 seconds because I was half asleep and could still see with bee and hear it buzzing.
    Lately I've had my family use me for money (and spent it on grog when it was supposed to be used to stop a car from being repossessed), my possessions and when I refused to take it any longer they ganged up on me - wrote things about me on facebook (including my own mother) and have tried hard to isolate me from everyone, all relatives, so that they don't look bad and make me look as though I'm someone who doesn't count. That happened before the dream and given your interpretation... I see how my dream fits in with what I'm dealing with. I knew that it had everything to do with what I've had to put up with lately

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is great! I had a dream last night of a swarm of bees comming at me but on my legs! The reading clears alot up for me though. Eventually the bees one at a time flew away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had almost the same dream... only after the bees left I entered a building where someone shot me 9 times, i counted the bullet holes as I watched blood run down my shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what is the meaning if the bee is following you and they stung me at my feet!! after that i saw a Host and use it to blow them away of water! But when i do that they go to my sister room.. forcing to get inside and i heard of a scream which is it made me to wake up..please help me coz i dont understand what is the meaning of that?!!..please email me at MY Facebook: summer2anderson@yahoo.com
    Thanks in advance..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in bed last night and saw a swarm of bees flying straight towards me. Then they disappeared into nothing! I was awake too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last night I had a dream that my 5 year old daughter was swarmed with bees covering her from the waist up. I am allergic to bees, and though I was filled with intense fear, told her to stay as still as possible while I got a hose and turned on the water. My daughter stayed VERY calm, and I was able to hose most of the bees away. I struggled however to remove 1 or 2 that were tangled in her thick hair. She was not stung. I don't recall whether I ever got the ones in her hair out - I know I was struggling with it, as I could not risk being stung.

    Could I take some of the meaning from the interpretation above? Or is this different, as it wasn't I who was swarmed with the bees....

    ReplyDelete
  9. last night i had a dream of a swarm of bees. I was getting ready to fight someone, and they just came out of no where. they covered mine and his head. they were stinging him i remember hearing him scream. They didnt do anything to me and I wasnt even afraid that they were there I was just real paitent as my girlfriend was just combing them out my hair..what does all that mean????

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a dream about a load of bees flowing out of my body as I went to spend a penny. Please can anyone tell me what the significance is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an asshole , why must you write in effing yellow and a very light purple which matches the background ?!?! da fuq is wrong with you .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too was covered in bees, then they fell off and then i was beeing covered by ants and larvas, i prayed all time staying calm, feeling i was under a spell of some sort, i looked into a mirror but i didnt get scared. I think the dream symbolizes different layers of psyche in dreamphaze,perception, ...but i would also love more depth on the bee,ant and larvas on the body?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a bee dream last night, and it's the happiest dream I've had in a long time - with most of my dreams being plagued with dark surreality, breakdowns in relationships or bad/violent occurrences. I can't remember a great deal but I remember the bees hovered around my head as if to imitate my hair - a bit like a bee wig, and would move at a slight delay with how I moved, basically they were attempting to keep form in time with my movements. I am unsure of this part but I think this was happening to other people around me too. In my dream I was completely comfortable with this, simply happy and intrigued by the bees behaviour and presence, I would love some kind of interpretation of what all this meant, because as I previously mentioned, I have never felt so consistently comfortable and happy in a dream before, nor have I woken up so happy in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I dreamt that my sons girlfriend and I were in a country ffield talking abd enjoying ths breeze. All of a sudden a swarm of bees comes out if nowhere and covers my whole bidy, of course in my dream I get scared but stay calm. They did not sting me , I just kinda layed down and they flew off. Next thing I know I look to my left and see a bright light. What could all of this mean?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a dream last night. I blew up a hive and dropped to the ground as they swarmed out. I lay perfectly still, breathing as normal as possible and could feel the swarm on the small of my back. None of them stung me and then I woke up. I'm very confused by this dream and what it could mean.
    I work 4 jobs and work quite hard. I figured it could mean something about that but I'm unsure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a dream that a sworm of bees flooded the streets and i had to cover my self with a black blinket so the bees would not harm me and once they left i was still in the street when this guy splash water on me and said get up its over you can get up now and then i woke up

    ReplyDelete