Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Disaster Dream

"Last night I had this weird dream about me and two friends, a female ex-co-worker and another friend but I can't recall who he was.
I was mostly talking to the female with occasional chats with the male. We were siting on a rooftop of a two level house with our legs hanging from the edge. Then we begin to see something far off, but no too far. It was some kind of oval-rectangular thing hanging from a construction crane, it was on fire.
It was getting hotter, the male was telling that the thing will explode then in what i suppose was and act to move the thing far from the city the crane starts moving the thing toward us. Then we all ran because the sound of the fire was very intense. We started to feel the heat in strong winds blowing towards us, it was about to explode and it was very close to us. I took shelter and the thing moved away, the fire stopped, and the dream ended." - Rene

Thank you for this fascinating dream, Rene, let me do my best to interpret it for you. Dreaming that you are on a rooftop is often symbolic of the achievement of a high level of success. This accomplishment, then, would be one you share with both the woman with whom you used to work and with the male friend who was also present. You can safely assume that the woman is the more important figure of achievement in this case, as she is specifically memorable in the dream.

Dreams about construction equipment are typically reflecting on a reconstruction of the self. This could be a new ambition, again, an achieved success or another attained goal. However, the construction equipment is being destroyed, or rather, something destructive is being created by that construction, and it's heading your way.

The ball of fire that threatens you in the dream, then, is likely to symbolize a success that has begun to threaten your safety. You run from the fiery scene to save yourself, and the act of running and the sense of fear that overcomes you, support the idea that the situation is creating turmoil in your life.

It is also interesting that finding shelter effectively ends the dream by causing the fire to die down. This fact suggests that somehow the ball of fire is aiming for you specifically, rather than for the three of you generally. I would examine the situations of my life if I were in your shoes, and I'd see if there was a good spot to take refuge! Once you find a safe place to weather out the storm, this anxiety will end.

Again, thank you so much for submitting this dream to me. I hope that this free interpretation helps!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting interpretation of my dream, definitely it will make me aware of certain things. I am really grateful of finding you the day after, i think it was destined for me to know your perception Rachel. Thanks. R.

    ReplyDelete