Thursday, May 28, 2009

A dream about a Werewolf Attack

"I was hoping you could help me with my dream:

from what I can remember it's late at night, probably in the early AM. I'm in this strange house, it almost looks like it's underground but not really, I go to the window and I look out, and as I do I see this huge black werewolf running out in the middle of the street heading towards the house.

I shut the curtains and tell the people in the house with me to hide. I have no time to hide so I lay down on the floor- but it seems that the curtains were too short and separated from the window because as I laid down and looked up I saw the black werewolf staring furiously into my eyes.. The werewolf's eyes were a sickly bright yellow.

I'm about to get up and run when the werewolf comes crashing in through the door, which is right next to the window. I quickly realize that my only chance of living is to fight this massive thing so I start fighting with it. I fight back valiantly, the best way I can. But the werewolf bites my finger on my right hand and draws blood. I realize that I am contaminated and that there's no hope left, and in a fit of rage I grab the werewolf by his upper snout and literally rip it's head off! I look at my bloodied hand and at the werewolf's head, in that same hand, and realize that it's too late, soon the disease will take me over and I will become a werewolf myself.

I take a deep ragged breath inward and let out a pained sigh, hard to breathe after the fight, and I look at my left forearm, lift the werewolf's head up and I slice my left forearm open across, slicing a vein as well (the cut felt so real) the blood starts dripping from the wound and out of no where venom starts squirting out from the werewolf's fangs, so I let the venom pour into the open wound. The wound burst into flames, and my arm burns intensely, and in a flash it disappears and the wound along with it. my arm is completely healed with nothing but a light scar, and then I wake up.
This dream is extremely weird for me and everything felt so real from the carpet on the floor, the fur and muscles and teeth on the werewolf to the pain of the wounds and the fire erupting on my arm. Please help me interpret this dream, for even though I'm a dream interpreter as well, I'm somewhat of a novice and this dream has me completely thrown..."


Thank you for sending in this dream for interpretation, I hope that my analysis of these symbols will help you better understand what subconscious forces influenced the development of your dream. If any of my readers out there would like their own dreams analyzed, please feel free to email them to me at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com for a free dream reading.

The dream begins with you in a house that looks as if it's built underground. In dreams, houses are a symbolic construct of how we regard ourselves, they are a direct representation of our emotional state surrounding the particular situations which manifest themselves through the themes of our nocturnal wanderings. To dream of an underground house suggests then that the dream itself is about the feelings that you may be holding back or repressing, the secret, 'underground' feelings you have about yourself or your situation.

Werewolves can have a few meanings in dreams. They can represent a marriage of the primal, animal self with the civilized, rational self. Additionally, they can be an indication of inner rage, fear or a desire for violence. Linked to this idea is the action of your dream, in which you're attacked, infected and bleeding. Attacks are common motifs in dream imagery, they represent the conflict of our daily lives, and being wounded is also an expression of the pain of that conflict.

In this case, your werewolf breaks in to what should be a safe space, your home, and violently attacks you. Instead of being afraid, you're enraged, you fight back with the same intensity as the animal. The result is a mortal injury to the werewolf, and a deep, painful wound to your own body. This wound is painfully expunged and simultaneously healed by a sort of cleansing fire.

These elements together suggest that you've encountered a painful conflict which has generated feelings of anger and violation within you. While you may have explored these feelings consciously, they are still within you. Dreams of this type are often a call to examine our emotional state, and to reflect on our pain so that we might process it.

I hope that this reading has been helpful. Please feel free to leave any comments that you may have here, or email them to me at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com. Of course, if any of my readers would like to send a dream into me for a free dream analysis, I'd love to decode your dream absolutely free. Thanks again for sending this dream :)!

3 comments:

  1. Do you still find yourself growling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt start having werewolf dreams until i met my husband. I have visual marks left on me when i wake up. So pleaze help me fighure this out

    ReplyDelete