Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A dream about a swarm of bees

"My dream was several people were out in a large open field behind a large white concrete block building...when bees began pouring out of what appeared to be a vent, they then began to congregate in different areas until there were about 4-5 swarms hovering in the air. Once all gathered in their swarms they took flight - I remember beginning to run and then it came to me --- to scream to the others and hit the ground. As we all did that they eventually seemed to go on there merry way."

Thank you for sending me this interesting dream for a free analysis! As usual, please feel free to email me your dreams, all my readers, at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com; all my readings are free and confidential!

Bees are an interesting symbol in dreams, they work on a few different levels. They are social animals that cooperate with one another to accomplish goals; to that end they can be symbolic of a focus of energy. Because they sting, they sometimes have a negative connotation, and I feel like the fear of the swarms that your dream reflects this. I've written about bees before, and in some instances, bees = trouble.

Here, swarms of bees pour out of a white concrete building. White, as discussed here there and everywhere, can be representative of purity BUT I have a feeling that here, white is more representative of an absence of color. In your mention of a white concrete building, I am visualizing a sort of normal looking building. Often times, buildings are a representation of our subconscious view of ourselves, but here, you're standing outside in a more natural setting, and the bees are coming out of the building- but you don't specifically see (or remember) the interior of this building.

The building is literally a construct; a constructed environment like so many others that we all see each and every day. This particular building is made of a cold, hard and inflexible substance, I suspect that this building is a silent stand-in for the constructs of society. The building is the way you're expected to dress, think, act and behave, as well as a host of other ideas... and those socially constructed ideas are bringing trouble into the natural place that you and several other people are in.

Just as there are several swarms of bees, I suggest that the trouble represented by the bees isn't from one source. As a nation, we're in some troubled times right now, and virtually all of us are experiencing a change to our way of life. This may or may not be the root of what you're contending with in this dream.

So you begin to run (running typically suggests a desire to escape from issues or anxiety) but you realize it would be smarter to hit the deck. You call out to the others around you (suggesting that you're both intelligent and concerned about others) and you flatten out and wait for the swarms to pass, which they do. You know, it's funny, but the more I write about this the more I suspect that your dream about these swarms of bees is a dream about the economic climate- but this might just be one of those things where something is on the tip of our collective tongues, and so we see it, hear it and smell it all over everything.

I hope this was helpful. Please feel free to email me directly at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com with comments, or if any of my other readers have had any dreams they'd like decoded, send them along! Thank you for sending this dream, and thanks for being the kind of person who'd keep a level head around a swarm of bees :-D !

No comments:

Post a Comment