Tuesday, September 8, 2009

a dream about random parties at random houses, pot, and cute guys

"I was at a party in an unfamiliar house. I knew a few people but the rest were strangers. I wasn't seen until the end of it, I went into this room to find one of my friends from my old school. She usually is very cautious and wouldn't really try anything daring. I walked in on her smoking pot. she asked me "Hey Jess, wanna try it? Just once" I said nothing and walked out the room and found myself in a gym class that I had never been in. I sat down in the group of students like I would any other day. I saw this really attractive guy sitting next to me, listening to the teacher talk. Suddenly the guy turn to me and said "We're gonna be dancing soon, I hope you don't have a partner already." One of his friends said something that I don't remember and before I knew it, the attractive guy's arm was around me, like we knew each other. I believe it was my first day at a new school (in the dream) but in real life I recently finished off the year at a new school. He just kept staring like he was in love with me, and I felt a strange connection as well...IN THE DREAM.

and then i woke up, very confused and sad
This dream barely make sense but I think it means something"

I agree with you, I think this dream means something as well!

Thank you so much for sending your dream in for a free dream reading, and thank you for waiting patiently while I was getting my act together this summer.

One thing that you've mentioned here, and that is running all through out the images of your dream, is being in unfamiliar circumstances. As "the New Kid," everyone, and everything, can seem a little unpredictable and unsure, and hopefully, as the new school year rolls around, you'll find yourself among friendly faces again.

This dream seems to shift from some situations in which you'd be understandably uncomfortable, like your conservative friend suddenly experimenting with weed, to one which more closely resembles a sort of wish fulfillment, like a cute boy who clearly likes you in gym class :)

I think the sadness and confusion that you're describing upon waking is the same sense you'd have if that cute boy was suddenly transfered out of your class or school. Remember when Cinderella said that a dream is a wish your heart makes? Well, it's not a false statement. Our dreams will often provide things to us that we deeply want in our waking lives, and love is no exception. If I had a dollar for every dream I had (prior to age 15 or so) in which some beautiful young man looked into my eyes and we fell instantly in love, I'd be dreaming on a giant mattress stuffed with dollar bills! The only thing I did in my teens more than actually fall instantly in love with some beautiful young man whom I'd only just met was dream about falling instantly in love with some beautiful young man! I know it sounds silly, but it's the absolute truth. I suspect the hormones are to blame!

At any rate, I hope that this reading was helpful, and I'd like to thank you for waiting patiently while I got it together and started working my way through my inbox again.


No comments:

Post a Comment