Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A dream about an attack, strange men, fighting, and a talking fog


"lately I've been dreaming about the same thing for about a week
in every dream someone always gives me a different weapon
it started off with me being at the beach and there was a lot of people there
and I'm always with my best friend but when we leave we leave separate
and I'm always leaving with my uncle (that i hardly ever see) and we get to his house
i shower and get ready to leave but as soon as i leave he gives me a hand gun.
and i put it in my back pocket
as i turn around these 3 guys follow me out the door chasing me as i run away
the first guy is wearing all black
the second guy is wearing all red
and the third is wearing all green but he has eyes as blue as the sky
and the style of clothing is more like a ninja
anyways, as i run through the front door. i kick the door to try to stop them
and for some reason the door gets stuck and they cant move it
so i shoot 2 bullets towards them the first kills the man in the red
and the second kills both men because they were standing behind each other.
every time i wake up its in the middle of the night
between 3:25- 4:00 and I'm confused and a little scared
like i was saying in the beginning all the weapons were different and they were given to me at different times
Monday- they gave me the gun (but this is the only weapon that i actually killed someone with)
Tuesday- a Indian that had came up from the sea gave me a sword (kinda like the ones the grim reapers use)
but it was made out of shark teeth.
Wednesday- my best friend gives me a bow and arrow and she tells me "live every day as if it were your last"
Thursday - no dream
Friday- just as i walked out of the shower and about to put my clothes on a gold pocket knife appears on
top of my clothes i get dressed and everything i open the door and the mirror starts to (de-fog its self very quickly)
the fog disappears quickly and the remaining fog says "keep watch"
i really think my dreams are trying to tell me something
it has happened to me several times but i never really payed attention to them until now
please help me thank you."

Thank you for sending your dream in for a dream reading. I agree, your dreams ARE trying to tell you something! If you'd like your dreams interpreted, please send them to dream.reader@hotmail.com!

Recurring dreams are especially significant, as they are reinterpretations of the same messages over and over again. Sometimes a person can have a recurring dream to alert them of a new problem as it increases in severity over time, while on other occasions, like a nagging doubt, the dream can appear and reappear over a period of many years without any marked changes in severity.

It sounds like, in this case, this dream reflects a new anxiety or fear in your life. Let's see if we can't examine these symbolic elements and get a better understanding of the situation.

Dreaming about being at the beach is a pretty common thing; beaches are places of fun and relaxation, but they are also the place where the known (Land) meets the unknown (Deep Blue Sea). Think of it as a place where your reality meets your subconscious.

Big faceless crowds of people in your dreams represent society as a whole. Your best friend is likely there to stand in for an element of yourself that you both share, this could be a common character trait or element. Depending on how often you are together, the best friend can also stand in for you as a whole, almost like a duplicate you. Because you leave separately, I am guessing that the element that this person stands in for is something that is absent in your fight against this fear or anxiety.

Your uncle, on the other hand, is prepared and able to deal with this anxiety! He represents a strong male energy, a paternal figure, but depending on your relationship with him, I'd guess that there is a different slant to that meaning. An uncle you confide in during your waking hours who equips you in this way is looking out for your best interest, while an uncle you don't like might be involved in the issues to come, or might be setting you up in some way.

That handgun, well, it's your protection. Guns are symbols of anger or hatred, and since this is a small gun, I'd guess that this little hateful weapon is something you've held back in the past for whatever reason.

Now on to the three men. I'd guess based on the colors that they are wearing, and their obviously malicious intentions towards you, that these men represent hatred, carnality, and jealousy. The green Ninja, well, his blue eyes are interesting. I would guess that there is someone who you find attractive in your personal life whom you feel has these negative qualities. You might be playing with fire a little, trying to figure out if this person could be a positive force in your life, or if he's as bad as some might think...

The fact that you slay two of these men with a single shot, and that they are unable to make it through the door, suggests to me that you are able to overcome the anxiety that this dream reflects. The different weapons are likely reflections of a changing situation:

Monday, your protector uncle gives you the gun, the most effective weapon
Tuesday, you are urged to trust your instincts, and use whatever is at hand to keep yourself safe
Wednesday, the insight and influence of your friend can help you, but it won't save you!
Thursday, you likely didn't wake up during your REM cycle!
Friday, you are urging yourself to stay aware of the issue, and the gold knife? well, it's phallic. It's a pure, protective influence, a representation of strong male energy in your life.

Thank you for sending this dream for a dream reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment