Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A dream about a party, a ritual at church, a goldfish and a day at the beach with worms...

"Last night I had a dream I was at a party (at the same place my cousin had her sweet 16. dark room. dark blue carpet and lots of big windows) and my friend wanted me to go into another room with her and her dad. I was a bit apprehensive because I felt like I wasn't supposed to be there with them.

In the other room was a church. (I've gone with her to church before). We stood behind the altar and there was an old, hunched over man with a long white beard performing this ritual thing. I don't think there was anyone else in the pews. He was tracing this symbol that looked like this: MM, except they were connected. He was having trouble, so I went outside (it was now a school hallway) and got a piece of glass out of a fish tank and handed it to someone. I stayed out there and talked to the fish, who was my old goldfish, Mr. Beebe, who died. I was talking to him about icky water plants.

At first I had my face to the glass and was poking at the plants inside, and then I felt like I was in the fish tank with him. And when I looked underwater, it was dark with a giant butterfly formation made out of sand. And then the scene switched and I was walking along the beach with people who I'm not sure if I know. It looked like a storm was coming. It looked like a movie scene.

We were all walking with rags on, hair all crazy. I remember someone saying something about the last wave was three hours ago (there were people there as if it were a regular day at the beach) and I heard something about a war. Then we walked to the far side of the beach and there were these giant black worms. They were barely moving and we were dodging them. Some of them ate frogs and left a checkered pattern in the sand when they slithered, and the ones who ate people left a different pattern."

Wow, thank you for sending me such a bizarre dream, I just love the weird ones!! For all my other readers, please feel free to email me your weird dreams at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com. The more detail (and the weirder) the better!

Dreaming that you are at a party can occasionally be a call to get out more and enjoy yourself, but I think in this case we should consider the room rather than the event taking place in the room, as the details you remember seem to pertain more to the room itself. The color blue is often considered to be a hopeful color, and rooms with a lot of windows are often places from which a person could see a bright future. I would suggest that this portion of the dream is directly referencing your optimistic outlook, or your dreams of a grand future.

From here, your friend and her father lead you into another room, which looks like a church. Friends (like relatives) often appear in our dreams to symbolize another side of ourselves, often a side that we do not immediately identify as typical of ourselves. Churches are places of spirituality, and guidance, and the additional appearance of an old man performing a ritual furthers this suggestion. This portion of the dream may reflect a need to get right, or get on a spiritual path that can guide you to greater fulfillment. This is, of course, assuming that you like going to church! It is entirely possible, if this portion of the dream made you nervous or uncomfortable, that you need to seek that spirituality out for yourself, independent of churches, friends, family or organized religion. Your relationship with whatever higher power you believe in is a very personal thing, don't let anyone bully you into a faith you don't feel good about.

The symbol that you're talking about, a connected series of M's, sounds like a continuously swiggling line, almost like a crude drawing of a mountain range. To me, it sounds like the kind of spiritual fulfillment you are looking for will be the result of something personal, and fundamental to your personality. Its roots are in your earliest memories, your most basic understanding of the world around you.

The next sequence is very interesting. Dreaming about living in a fish tank is often an expression of a sense of "swimming in circles." This indicates that you may feel like some aspects of your life aren't progressing as quickly as you'd like them to. However, in light of the big blue room, and the windows in the early part of your dream, as well as the appearance of your childhood friend, Mr. Beebe, I think that this part of the dream is more about self-discovery than something more negative. Koi fish are symbols of prosperity and good luck, and I'd have to say goldfish aren't much different than that, at least not to me. Again, I think this portion of your dream is about your optimism, good luck and desire to become a more emotionally aware person. This is further influenced by the symbol of the butterfly that you see in the sand- butterflies being a symbol of beautiful transformation.

Finally, you find yourself at the beach. At this point, things look pretty bleak for you, you're surrounded by people whom you don't know, you're dressed in rags and your hair is a total mess. There's talk of a big storm, and even a war, but ostensibly you keep on moving.

The last major image that you have in this dream are these big, slithery disgusting worms that are slowly moving along the sand, eating frogs and people. Well, worms these worms are nasty things, living underground and looking to destroy all that comes into their path. In this instance, I believe these worms represent some nagging doubts, some of which may be serious concerns, which plague your internal picture of your bright future. Luckily, you've evaded them thus far. I believe that you may be able to reconcile some of those doubts if you are brave enough to do some of the spiritual or emotional discovery that your psyche seems to call for in the earlier sequences of your dream.

Thank you for sending me this great dream, please feel free to let me know what you think, either by emailing me directly at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com or by leaving a comment here!

No comments:

Post a Comment