Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A dream about a dress, a play, going bra less and a broken cell phone

"I'm a freshmen in high school and there's a boy i like who's a sophomore.
l don't talk to him much only every once in a while but i really want
to, I just don't know how.

OK here's my dream..
It starts of with me dress shopping with my mom. I was trying on dresses but didn't really have to try them on i would just look at a dress and see how it looked on me.

I chose a teal sparkly one just like one that i have in real life but I did not realize it at the
time. I was buying a dress because me and my friends and what seemed like my entire grade were going to a play/ prom/ graduation thing. It was like we had to watch the play first and then the graduation but after that there would be a dance.

So then I was out on the lawn with my friends and they all went somewhere except one. While we were
sitting there the boy i like walked by with a group of friends and they all kept walking but he stopped to say hi so I stood up to say hi and we play fully started "fighting" each other and then there was a ton of flirting. After he left I asked my one friend who was still there if she had seen what happened because I was so excited but she
said she wasn't looking.

I was about to tell her but the teachers came out and told us to come in because it was about to start. Then I was
in a hallway but it was a hallway of a school that i don't recognize.

We met up with all my other friends and I was about to tell them what happened but we had to go inside the gym. When we got in there there were silver stands set up like you would sit in for a sports game. I told my friends id text them what happened since we weren't allowed to talk but I dropped my phone and it broke. Then I was talking to one of my friends and was telling them about how i already owned the same dress as the one i was wearing and it was a waste of money. i also remember not wearing a bra underneath my dress and feeling very uncomfortable but i don't know if that is significant or not.

I know its not the most exciting dream but everything went really fast and was very confusing and I'm wondering if I'm trying to subconsciously tell myself something..."


Thank you so much for sending this dream in for a free dream reading, I do think that your subconscious mind is sending some messages to you, but before I start cracking the code for you, let me remind my other readers that I would be more than happy to look at their dreams as well, just email Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com and I will read your dream, free!

So, let's talk a little bit about clothes. Fashion is an extremely important means of self-expression for many people, particularly for young women. The dream begins with you and your mother shopping for a dress for this odd school related event, and you are able to try things on without actually changing into them.

For someone to whom a dress is strictly a garment, a dress may not be a significant element in a dream. However, for someone who loves clothes, a dress is much more than just fabric and findings- a dress says a lot about a person. A dress is an expression of a self that we'd like the world to believe we are.

In this case, you're shopping with someone whom you hopefully respect, admire and trust, your mother. Mother figures in dreams are often reflections of a mature, reserved side to a person's personality. Now, if your mother isn't particularly reserved or mature, this may just be a point of comparison between an aspect of her personality as it matches up to yours.

Now, instead of buying a new dress, the two of you manage to buy a dress that is identical to one you already have. To me, this suggests that the thing you need to find the confidence to talk to this boy that you like is something you already have. Maybe it's knowledge in a common interest. Maybe you already have something to say to him, you simply need the occasion to say it... that's at least what it sounds like.

Of all the things I've had in my life, I've always had the gift of being rather brash. There are very few people, men or otherwise, who have made me to anxious to strike up a conversation. While I'm not the prettiest girl, the thinnest, the sweetest or the most talented, I've managed to do quite well with the boys! I tend to meet someone, find them interesting and kind of lure them in. And you know what? It's not a science- it's just that I show that I'm interested. If I want to have a conversation, I walk up and start talking. If I have something to say, I always wind up saying it.

I'm sure you will find an occasion for yourself. When you do, you'll be glad you did. I'd be surprised if you didn't at least make a new friend in the process. Above and beyond all else, do what is right for YOU! At your age, there is a world of men and boys out there for you. No need to rush. There's plenty where this one came from, trust me.

Back to the dream. What you're describing in the 'play' as well as the play fighting that you engage in with this boy, are both social performances. High school cliques center themselves around various sorts of performances, things like the way that you dress, the slang that you use, the place that you eat (possibly even what you eat) as well as who you eat with, these things are all aspects of a social performance that adolescents use to define themselves. I suspect that the performances you're encountering in your dream are echos of those performances; the play fighting is an expression of a physical, or sexual tension that you are feeling towards this guy.

Interestingly, one of the "critics" of this social performance, your good friend, wasn't actually watching the two of you, as you expected she would be. You want to relate the experience to her, but find that you are in an unfamiliar place, with teachers ordering you around. This may be an expression of the changing rules or social protocols of your group, as well as the issues of being constantly supervised by adults, to whom you have to defer at all times. Personally, I never did well with people telling me where to be all the time.

So you want to tell your friends what had happened with your crush, but you find all your methods of communication failing you- first you're not allowed to talk, then you talk about the wrong stuff, and then you drop your cell phone! Annoying!!

This portion of your dream seems to reference the things that you are not saying. I can guess that this leads back to your crush again, and your desire to communicate more freely about your feelings towards him.

The final bit, about being bra less, is likely important as well. There is a sense out there in the world that having a crush is an embarrassing thing, a situation that must be kept secret at all costs, unless of course, your crush is reciprocated! Well, the feelings of being uncomfortable that you are describing, along with the fact that you're bra less in public, suggests that you are feeling exposed. Are you afraid to approach this guy, and talk to him, because he might know that you like him?

At any rate, you are the only person who can say for sure what this dream is all about- but hopefully my analysis can suggest some meanings to you. Thank you for sending this dream in for a free reading, as usual, readers, email your dreams to me at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com for a free reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment