Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Dream about a Mountain, a Coyote and a Hotel

"Had this dream last night. Been thinking about it off and on all day.


Here goes:I'm climbing a tall mountain. I'm only about half way up when beside the trail, a dog -- that looks like a coyote pup overfed to the point of obesity --- jumps out of a yellow shrub, then crosses right in front of me, wearing a pink collar. Studded with either diamonds or sequins.


Immediately after -- time-shift! -- I'm on top of the mountain. In front of me is a ruin. In my dream I'm thinking it's an inn where rich families spent two weeks during the summer. I walk around, trying to figure it out: lobby here, this is a corridor... this must have been the banquet hall is what I'm thinking. A kangaroo with the head of an actress who does TV commercials (at least one for paper towels that runs all the time) hops in front of me and passes by.I'm in the corridor and BEFORE the kanga-woman, it's a ruin. AFTER she passes me,it isn't a ruin anymore, it's the inn restored to its glory days: walls up with fancy paper, even an oil painting of a landscape in a really fussy carved wood frame. Today I'm thinking it was some dream-warped memory of a meeting I had at the Biltmore downtown. That corridor was a lot like the hall that leads to the men's room there.


I recently hiked Echo Mountain (Altadena area) which has a ruin at the top, and have been to the Biltmore which the dream co-opted somehow for the part where kanga-girl hopped by. Why I psychologically recycled this into a dream, I dunno...but I do tend to recycle real-life-stuff into my dreams. Usually they're just fragments tho'; this dream was much much longer and much more linear, like a storyline." - Gary, Los Angeles, CA


Gary, you raise an excellent point; much of the time the images and actions found in our dreams mirror something we've seen or done before. Our daily lives are surely fodder for our nocturnal imaginings, but it's the selection of these feelings and images that create meaningful dreams.
The most common interpretation of a dream in which one climbs a mountain is that the dreamer/climber is overcoming an major obstacle. In your case, you're climbing without any major stress or strain, suggesting that you are comfortably overcoming some sort of issue in your life. It is the next symbol that suggests what that issue might be, as you ascend the mountain, a dog runs across your path.
Dog, as man's best friend, is a close and trusted ally. But this isn't any regular dog, this is a dog who looks like a coyote, who has become fat and is wearing a sparkly collar. Coyotes, in contrast to dogs, are commonly seen as sneaky or untrustworthy adversaries of man. (Personally, I couldn't disagree more, but this is the general reading of the animal as a symbol.) Further, the animal is fat, and like the sequined or bedazzled collar, both of these could indicate an excess of material wealth. This dog is then symbolic of someone who may appear to be a friend in your fight against adversity, but their motivations are based in an interest in financial gain.
As soon as this image of the fat coyote falls before your consciousness, it's replaced. That time shift may be important, as it suggests that once you realize that the truth of this particular person's ulterior motives, a larger goal will be attained.
Once this set of struggles is over, and you find yourself at the top of the mountain, you are confronted with the ruin of a hotel. In your mind, you identify this hotel as a place of former opulence that served as a summer getaway spot for rich people. There's that concern about wealth cropping up again! This brings us to the most interesting symbol your brain has created for the dream, the Kangawoman.
Strange creatures in dreams generally possess special significance. In the instance of a monster that is part one thing and part another, a person can quite easily assume that both the animals comprising the strange creature are important to understanding it's relevance.
Kangaroos are generally thought to either be protective symbols in dream mythology, or aggressive ones. Think of the kangaroo hopping around holding her young in her protective pouch, a la Winnie the Pooh. This image of the kangaroo as a protective mother seems to be most in line with the circumstances of your dream.
Part of what makes me think that this Kangawoman is a maternal figure in your dream is the fact that she has a woman's head. Exact head furthers this argument, as most women who appear in paper towel commericals are playing the role of "Mom" in the commerical.
Now back to the hotel. Hotels are seen as places of transition. A hotel can connote a loss of identity, or a need to escape from your daily reality. It can also be a signal to abandon your old ways of thinking and to re-gear your mind.

So, in the end, this dream can be one that leads to a string of questions only you can answer. Who is your overfed coyote pup? Have you been waiting for a Kangawoman to help you rebuild yourself, or to help you change the way you think? What happened to your hotel in the first place?

I hope this interpertation of your dream is helpful! Thank you for taking the time to send it to me! If you'd like your dream read, please email it to dream.reader@hotmail.com !

6 comments:

  1. I m ANGELINA from RUSSIA,My ex lover now [husband] is back and we are happily married with kids and i m here to gave thanks and appreciation to Dr MAXI the spell caster of maxispelltemple@yahoo.com for all the time He stood by me,for all the truth He make me see,for all the happiness He brought into my life,for all the wrongs He make right,for every of my dreams He make come through and for the help i found in Him,i am grateful and thankful unto Him,He was the one that helped me all,He never let me fall,He was the one that saw me through it all,He was .my source of strength when i was weak,He was my voice when i couldn`t speak,He was my eyes when i couldn`t see,He saw the pain wasn`t good for me,He lifted me were i couldn`t reach,i m everything i m today because You helped me,i m so happy my husband is back in my life at last,His email is maxispelltemple@yahoo.com,A temple were sorrows are dropped and happiness is gain in return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Lamis Ghazali i am from United States, I was i a relationship with Ben and we loved and cherished ourselves for 6 good years and every thing was going on smoothly but February 14, a day i can call a lovers day we both had misunderstanding because i answered a call from a guy that is asking me out for a date but i refused,and he told me that the relationship is over and that he is fed up with me and i begged him because i love him so much but he refused me i was so down cast and i felt the world has come to an end for me but my friend told me about a Dr OSIAN that helped her sister out in getting her relationship back,a good job and favor in any of her endeavor but at first i was scared but i have to give this man a trial because i love Ben very much and i am not willing to loose him to any woman,so i ordered returning my love spell from this great spell caster that made me a happy woman again to say it all my ex is came back to me with much love and a caring heart...i am testifying to this great Dr OSIAN of Goddess. if you need his help you can contact him on osianspelltemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can`t stop thanking DR Orissa for this Great thing he has done in my life, I am so grateful to him, i was suffering from HIV virus for 9years, after reading the wonderful testimony that people has been sharing about him.i have being on medication and trying looking for cure to my ailment. I went through internet doctors and i contacted a Tradomedical/Traditional doctor named, Dr.Orissa for help. He give me all his rules and regulations,that if he cured me that I should write about him on internet site and i agreed that is what I`m doing now. He assure me that he will cure me with his herbal medicine which he really did, and I`m now completely cured from HIV virus. What will i say rather than thanking him for saving my life. Why suffering in silence when there is remedy to your diseases.Dr Orissa also specialize in curing the following disease: *HIV/Aids *Kidney failure *Arthritis *Diabetes *Hypertension *Stroke *Obesity *Infertility/Impotency *Cancer *Eye Problem *Skin Problem *Fibroid Tumor *Ulcer *Prostate Problem *Asthma *Weight Management*Staphylococcus *Candidie *Low sperm can *Weak erection *Weak ejaculation *Pile *Elephantiasis *Skin Infection *Paralysis. your can contact him via email; orissatemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings to everyone reading this testimony, I am Dan Morgan, i am here to
      testify of a great man who was able to cure me permanently from herpes
      Disease just with his herbal medicine,i have been herpes Positive for 5
      years before i came across Dr voodoo Email on the internet on how he has
      been using his herbal medicine to treat and cure patients from different
      virus, so i contacted him and i explain to him concerning my problem, i
      followed up with the instructions he gave me and he urge me to have faith
      in his words that he was going to restore my health back, after some couple
      of days Dr voodoo sent me some medicine which he gave me prescription on
      how to take for 2 weeks, to make the long story short, I have been
      confirmed Negative from my recent test in the hospital, just within 2 weeks
      Dr voodoo was able to make me healthy and see reasons to live again, though
      science says there is no cure, i believe God has sent this great man to
      save people, you can all contact him for his medicine, he has presently
      been treating diseases like,CANCER,BLOOD DISEASE,DIABETES,HIV,TYPHOID, and
      many others, you can contact this man on voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com.or
      add him on whatsApp +2348140120719, God Bless you sir!

      Delete
  4. i am from CANADA,i am happily married and

    blessed with kids,I am a hair dresser,why my husband is a taxi driver, on

    December 28st 2019 me and my husband embank on a trip to France,on our way

    back,we had a terrible accident,that took my husband's life,while i was

    rushed to the hospital,by god grace,i was still living,after a year and seven

    month,when my husband were passed away,a man came to my house,and ask me to

    get married to him, unknown, that he was HIV positive and i never bordered to

    conduct a check up test with him,before,i accepted him into my

    life,why,because,he was so cute,gentle and handsome young man,he was so

    caring.i never look at him,like one that would be HIV positive.after two year

    of our marriage,my body system began to weak up,all day i feel dizzy and

    lazy,and i began to lose weight as well, so i went for a check up test ,for

    [fever,HIV/aid,malaria],the result, show me that, i am HIV positive.so i was

    afraid,that,i would die,so, i were running from hospitals,churches and

    native doctors,searching for cure, because i didn't want to die.one day i

    went to a pastor's house,i told him my problem;as i was telling the pastor my

    problem, there was one man which was with us,which i never look at his
    face,the pastor prayed for me,on my way out , this same man,who was siting

    with us,called me,i was like asking myself why this man was calling me, so i

    just manage to wait to hear out what he will say,he told me that,he will like

    to introduce me to this spell caster man, his name is Dr Charles,SO i Dr

    Charles thanks and leaved,i never wanted to go and see this man called Dr

    Charles,but a mind,ask me to go for a try,so i went there,i meant him and i

    explain everything to him,he cast a spell on me and he told me,after two

    weeks,i should go for a HIV check up test again,after two weeks,i went for

    the HIV test,which the result shows me that i am now HIV NEGATIVE,i was like

    mad at the hospital,very happy.....if you have any problem you are facing

    now.....THIS DOCTOR,HE WANT THE WORLD'S HAPPINESS AND HIS NAME TO BE

    TESTIFY,TO THE WORLD ABOUT HIS GREAT POWERS

    HE IS SPECIALIZING IN THE FOLLOWING SPELL.
    love spell marriage spell divorce spell
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) If you always have bad dreams.
    (3) If you want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) If you want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) If you want to be rich.
    (7) If you want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) How you been scammed and you want to recover you lost money.
    (10) If you want to stop your divorce.
    (11) If you want to divorce your husband.
    (12) If you want your wishes to be granted.
    (13) Pregnancy spells to conceive baby
    (14) Guarantee you win the troubling court cases & divorce no matter how what

    stage
    (15) Stop your marriage or relationship from breaking apart.
    (16) If you have any sickness like (H I V), (CANCER) or any sickness.
    (17) If you need prayers for deliverance for your child or yourself.
    (18)are having legs or joint pain,that is making you not to walk well
    Once again make sure you contact him if you have any problem he will help

    you. contact him immediately via[ Dr Charles]OR [hivspelltemple@outlook.com]
    WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU;FROM hivspelltemple@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't have to feel bad just because your lover left you, When you have someone like Dr.Ekpen Temple who is capable to bring your lover back to you within 48 hours. At first i was a novice to this kind of thing, But after reading a lot of review online about Dr.Ekpen Temple i felt like giving him an opportunity to prove himself. So i took the contact information of Dr.Ekpen Temple which were +2347050270218 or via email: ekpentemple@gmail.com And my heart was filled with joy because just within 48 hours my lover returned. Thanks you Sir.

    ReplyDelete