Monday, March 23, 2009

dream about a romantic picnic with a crush!

"A few weeks ago I dreamt that I was having a picnic in the countryside with someone I currently have a crush on. The setting felt like it might have been Solvang, CA. We were sitting on a green sloping hill, enjoying ourselves, when something happened which interrupted our picnic. I can't even be sure what it was. All I remember is someone telling us we had to move and that there was some danger in store for us if we stayed there. We took our picnic basket and ran for safe shelter.

Below the hill we found a village full of people who only spoke DUTCH?! We could not understand what they were trying to tell us. There was also something strange about this little village. The people who lived there were very very tiny and the houses were very small. We were looking for shelter but we could not fit in anywhere. We had nowhere to take cover.

I guess I should note that in real life, the person I have a crush on does not know it yet. But I have had thoughts about telling them. This may or may not be important to the dream. I don't know. Any insight you might be able to give me would really be appreciated. This one has been on my mind for weeks!!"

What an interesting group of dream images, thank you so much for sending your dream for a free dream interpretation. I hope my assimilation of these images is helpful!

Dreaming about a picnic can be a representation of an idyllic domestic situation OR a bounty of opportunities for growth and learning. I'd say that because your picnic buddy is a love interest, your picnic likely means both of these things! Chances are you could see yourself having a very good day-to-day relationship with this person, and relationships are places where we can learn a ton about ourselves.

Solvang, CA, for those of us whom have never visited it, is a beautiful little town situated in the rolling hills north of Ventura County. It's basically a little Danish village set against an amazing landscape, where traditional Danish foods, activities and architecture can be observed. I think it's very interesting that the people of your village spoke Dutch, and that the village and surrounding area looked like Solvang to you. I do think that it's important that your crush doesn't know your feelings, and I don't think that it's a coincidence that the two of you are among people who you can't speak to or understand. In this way, I believe that the people and the little town represent the things left unsaid between you.

Things out of scale in dreams operate in relational ways, so the size of something in relation to you is the level of importance they bear to you. So here, where the strange people you can't communicate with represent the things the two of you aren't saying to one another are smaller than you, I would guess that the things you aren't saying aren't as important as the time you're spending interacting with one another. This may be the reason why you haven't said anything yet- it doesn't feel important!

The unnamed danger lurking in the back ground that interrupts your picnic (aka your potential domestic bliss) from which you can find no shelter (as all the houses are too small) may be your fear that your feelings are not reciprocated by your crush.

In short, you are dreaming about your feelings surrounding the crush. Does this person feel the way you do? Is it "dangerous" to let them know what you're feeling, or is it important to let them know? Isn't it possible to just enjoy the picnic?

These questions are for you alone to answer! Thanks again for submitting this dream. I hope that this free dream analysis was helpful to you. Please feel free to email me any dreams you'd like to have read for you at Rachel.Beezy88@gmail.com as well as any comments you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment